A year ago it was imperative for me to find a way to pass the time while exercising. I started working out on the elliptical and, as most of you probably already know, that can be the most boring 30-60 minutes of your life.
3-5 times a week.
That’s a lot of boredom.
Soooo, I decided to find a show to watch on my iPad. After numerous attempts (mostly reruns of Friends, That 70’s Show, and How I Met Your Mother) I was still showless.
And then along came Glee.
Don’t judge me.
If I ever get the chance to meet Lea Michele and the gang in real life, I may just drop to my knees and thank them all. Glee was the catalyst that not only got me to work out, but to enjoy working out. I love Broadway, Pop, and Classic Rock – throw in a cast of spunky, but outcasted, teenagers and I’m hooked.
Don’t even get me started on all of my emotional Don’t Stop Believin’ moments. That song alone helped me lose my first 50 pounds or so.
Fast forward to a year later and I no longer need a show to watch when I work out, because now I look forward to the exercise itself. Thanks Glee.
But I do have to have my epic playlist.
Yes it consists of lots of Glee songs.
Yes, most of it is lacking a little in the lyrics department.
No, I don’t care.
So, without further ado, I bring you my very first requested blog post.
(music snobs, you may want to skip this one, because if it makes me want to move it goes on the list, I don’t care who it is)
- Starships – Nicky Minaj
- How Far We’ve Come – Matchbox 20
- The Cave – Mumford & Sons
- The Killers – All These Things That I’ve Done
- As Long As You Love Me – Anthem Lights
- Best Day of My Life – American Authors
- Best of 2012 Pop Mash-Up – Anthem Lights
- Blow Me (One Last Kiss) – Glee Cast
- Burn – Elli Goulding
- Can’t Hold Us – Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
- Carry On – Fun.
- Catch My Breath – Kelly Clarkson
- Coma White – Marilyn Manson
- Cough Syrup – Glee Cast
- Dark Side – Kelly Clarkson
- Defying Gravity – Idina Menzel
- Demons – Imagine Dragons
- The Monster – Eminem featuring Rihanna
- Till I Collapse – Eminem
- Love The Way You Lie – Eminem featuring Rihanna
- Everybody Talks – Neon Trees
- Fix You – Glee Cast
- Girl on Fire – Glee Cast
- Give Your Heart a Break – Demi Lovato
- Glad You Came – Glee Cast
- Good Feeling – Flo Rida
- Hall of Fame – The Script
- Halo – Beyonce
- Halo/Walking on Sunshine (mashup) – Glee Cast
- Here’s to Us (Glee Cast)
- I Feel Pretty/Unpretty (mashup) – Glee Cast
- I Will Wait – Mumford & Sons
- I’m Alive – Michael Franti & Spearhead
- It’s Time – Imagine Dragons
- Just Can’t Get Enough – Black Eyed Peas
- Just the Way You Are – Bruno Mars
- Keep Holding On – Glee Cast
- Not Afraid – Eminem
- On Top of the World – Imagine Dragons
- Counting Stars – One Republic
- Just Give me a Reason – P!nk
- Party Rock Anthem – LMFAO
- People Like Us – Kelly Clarkson
- Pompeii – Bastille
- Radioactive – Imagine Dragons
- Roar – Katy Perry
- Safe and Sound – Capital City
- Sail – AWOLNATION
- Scream – Usher
- Some Nights – Fun.
- Stronger – Kelly Clarkson
- Eyes Wide Open – Taylor Swift
- The Scientist – Glee Cast
- This Too Shall Pass – OK Go!
- Timber – Pitbull featuring Ke$ha
- Try – P!nk
- We Are Young – Fun.
- Whistle – Flo Rida
- Without You – Glee Cast
- Wrecking Ball – Miley Cyrus