10333755_10201845371120694_2940377993776055539_oI had a great weekend with my Mom!  I took Friday off from work for school stuff and also so I could be home as soon as she pulled into the driveway.  I started my day with an hour on the elliptical (a first!) while watching Rachel’s opening night on Glee.  Have I mentioned lately just how grateful I am to that show?  It really got me up and moving when I first started working out and I’m so sad to see that it’s ending next year.  However, I’m really happy that Lea Michele’s career looks like it’s going to keep getting better, so I’m sure that I will continue to e-stalk her.

My Mom got in around 4 on Friday and we decided to ride up to Kroger to pick up steaks and a salad for dinner (I still can’t get over the fact that I ate a SALAD with dinner instead of a loaded baked potato!)  Cliff makes the best steaks I’ve ever had so I would much rather have a nice dinner at home for 1/4 of the price than a subpar dinner at a fancy steakhouse.  After dinner we decided to ride over to our friend Jason’s house.  He adores my Mom and doesn’t get to see her very often.  We lived next door to him and his wife for almost six years and became very close friends.  So whenever my Mom is in town he always asks us to drop by.  The weather was perfect, so we wound up sitting in his garage until after 10PM!  After we left we decided to stop at McDonald’s for an ice cream cone.  Best 170 calories ever!

My Mom and I got up early Saturday and went to the salon to have our hair done.  There was an hour break between them so we rode over to Cato’s so that I could look for a pair of shoes to match my new dress.  I didn’t find anything there, but I did score some nice dress pants for $7 (thanks Mom!) and a really cute pair of flip-flops.  I also picked up a cute pair of earrings and promptly discovered that my holes had grown up!  I told you I didn’t wear much jewelry.

After the salon we left to meet everyone at the nail salon, which was only about 10 minutes away.  When we pulled in I didn’t see anyone’s car so we just decided to wait.

And wait…

And wait…

I decided to go into the nail salon and see if anyone was there, but I didn’t see anyone.  Not only that, but they were on at least an hour wait and no one would even come to the desk to assist me.  I decided to take a business card and go to the car and call them.  I called and asked if they had a reservation for a bachelorette party and they told me that they had showed up, the salon didn’t have enough room for everyone, so they left.

No phone call, no text…I hadn’t heard from anyone.  I called Cliff to see if anyone called him after my phone had died at 2:15 and he said no.

So we left.

I checked my phone as soon as I got to a charger and there was nothing.  No missed called, texts, voicemails…

Needless to say, I was a little annoyed.

Oh well, the day turned out to be awesome anyway.  We decided against pedicures (it was pouring outside) and when we went to our favorite sushi restaurant they had already closed to prep for their dinner crowd.  Instead, we decided to try a place my parents had been telling me about called Genghis Grill.  It’s a place where you choose your meat, veggies, seasonings, and sauces and then someone cooks it all in front of you on a huge, spinning hibachi grill.  I loved being able to control what went into my meal and it was delicious!

After lunch we went back to the house to relax a bit and then went to Old Navy and Sears to look for vacation clothes.  Mom hit the jackpot at Old Navy, but my luck must have run out there.  I did finally find the perfect shoes for my dress at Sears, so I’m done shopping for a while.  After the mall we went back to the house to spend the rest of the night relaxing.

Cliff and I wound up taking the dogs for long (2.5 miles) walk around the neighborhood and I’m amazed at how easy it was.  I actually felt lazy when we got back because the pace was just soooo slow compared to what I’m used to.  I thought it would help my “knee” pain, but no luck.  The knee pain actually seems to be a pulled hamstring, but I’m already feeling much better after a day of rest and ice.  I took another rest day today after reading all the horror stories about continuing to train through pulled muscles.

I got up early Sunday and cooked Mom her customary “sammitch” for Mother’s Day and then hung out with her until she left to go home.  I’m already missing her even though I get to see her again in four days.  I was supposed to meet Erin again for our weekly 5K, but since it was Mother’s Day (and her birthday!) and my leg is all hurty, we decided to reschedule for Thursday.  So instead of a 5K, I spent my day with my leg propped up and iced while I did a TON of homework.

I’m amazed at how much I miss my morning run/walk already.  I mean, I only went twice last week but I already feel a difference.  My moods were drastically better last week and held up for several days afterwards.  Last night and this morning I could feel my mood start to shift and I know it’s from not exercising for two days (three if you don’t count the dog walk).  Every time I stop working out for longer than a couple days, I feel my irritability comes back almost immediately.  This time, I’m going to get a foam roller and study up on stretching so that I can (hopefully) stop having these issues.  However, right now I’m just worried about being back to 100% before we leave on Friday.  Just four more days until vacation!

Sidenote – I was able to keep strong through the weekend and pulled off a 1.2 pound loss this week!  Hopefully I can stay the course on vacation as well.

10177445_10201848063708007_1908011050136651558_nI know that this is probably money-related, but I think it’s very suitable for changing your mindset about anything, specifically weight loss.

“You can’t change anything until the pain of changing is less than staying the same.”

~Dave Ramsey


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *