This weekend was crazy busy, but a lot of fun.  I did absolutely nothing I had planned to do (except pick up my training gear and a TON of laundry) but I loved every minute of it.

I had originally planned to go to the gym Saturday morning so that I would have a ton of energy for cleaning out the office/craft room.  However, that didn’t happen because I slept until 10AM!!!  I, honestly, can’t remember the last time I slept that late.  I suppose it might have had something to do with having absolutely no real rest for the past 12 weeks staying up until after midnight the night before.  I wanted more than anything to be lazy all day Saturday, but I forced myself to be a little responsible.  My shoes and bra came in so I went to pick those up.  I might have added five a few new pairs of socks to the order as well.  After I left Blue Mile I went to Target to pick up a few things that I had forgotten at the grocery.  Plus, Katie (my new best friend from the running store) told me about her $11 Champion gloves from Target that were just as nice as the North Face gloves that I was drooling over.  $11 versus $45, I’ll take it!  After Target I went to Lowe’s to look for a peg board for the craft room, but walked right back out.  I decided that I wasn’t going to get a peg board until I had finished cleaning up the room.  The peg board can be my reward for getting it all set up (if that ever happens).  After I ran my errands I headed home to hang out with Cliff and Ben (they get together and play music on Saturday).  Ben had a friend that was visiting from Colorado, so we all decided to go out for dinner when I got home.  Everyone seemed to be craving Mexican so we rode up to Puerta Vallarta.  It wasn’t great, but it was edible.  I had 15 chips with salsa and an order of chicken fajitas.  I skipped the queso dip completely and drank only water (even though I had a HUGE craving for a margarita).  It probably wasn’t the best meal to have the weekend before the last weigh in for the year, but overall I think I did pretty well (we’re not going to discuss the sushi rolls that I had yesterday…yet).

After dinner, Cliff and I decided to go to Best Buy.  I had been due an upgrade on my phone since July, but I just couldn’t bring myself to ditch my iPhone.  I wasn’t about to spend $200 on the iPhone 5 since it was pretty much the exact same thing as the 4s and I was skeptical about going back to an Android device after my horrible experience with the HTC Evo a few years ago.  My biggest turn off on all of the Android phones was the camera.  I love the camera on the iPhone and I absolutely hated the camera on Cliff’s phone (he has the Samsung Galaxy S3).

Luckily, now I have seen the error of my ways.  Ben’s friend, Eric, had the Samsung Note 3 and it was love at first megapixel.  I couldn’t get it soon enough!  I was so worried that Best Buy would be out of them, but I was in luck!   48 hours(ish) later and it’s still glued to my hand.  It hasn’t been more than a foot from me in two days.  It is, by far, the best phone I have ever owned.  I’m sure Ashley is getting a good laugh at me saying “I’m NEVER going back to Android!”  I really like the word “never.”  So, needless to say, I spent the rest of Saturday evening playing with my phone.

Sunday I woke up determined to go to the gym and work on the room.  However, Cliff woke up with a twinge in his back that kept us home for the morning.  He’s had a lot of back problems in the past and has learned to listen to his body (finally) when it tells him that he needs to rest.  We both had good intentions of going later on in the day, but it didn’t work out that way.  Ashley called me around 10AM and asked if I was busy for lunch.  Initially, I told her yes because it was the last Vikings game of the season and I was going to have a house full of people.  Then I realized that I didn’t really want to stay for the game and I was sure Sarah wasn’t all that interested either (she’s like me, football fan by proxy).   Instead we all decided to meet up at Ichiban for lunch and then do some shopping afterwards.  Plus I got hang out with this little cutie all day.


I decided against the grill and just got sushi and I think I might actually do that from now on.  It was delicious and FAR less calories than it normally would be for me.  I’m sure I’ll be going back this weekend with my parents but I never get tired of their Crunch Roll and now Cliff has me hooked on the Crab Shack which also has calamari in it.  I can’t decide which one I like better!

Kaydence didn’t get to finish her nap on the way to the restaurant so she was a little fussy but she got over it by the time we left.  Her and Aalasia were fast friends on the way to Toys R Us and were inseparable for the rest of the day.


We went to a few stores and then headed back to my house to have homemade veggie soup for dinner.  I had a blast and only spent $18!

I may not have made it to the gym but spending an entire day with a 21 month old and a 6 year old certainly is a workout!  I don’t know how they do it.

Today we’re back to our normal schedule, work > home to take out the dogs > gym > back home to cook dinner.  I know it’s busy through the week, but I actually prefer our routine because it helps to keep me honest.  Tomorrow is our final weigh in for 2013 and I’m really hoping to be out of the 270’s but it’s not looking good.  I looked back at my spreadsheets from the Biggest Loser contest we did at my old job back in 2010 and it took me forever to get out of the 270’s then as well.  Hopefully once I break through it will be a while before I hit another plateau.  Since I’m going to be training for my 5K three days a week in addition to going to the gym, the weight should really start falling off after the first of the year.

I’ll post the final weigh in tomorrow night as well as a 2013 progress picture.  I can’t wait for 2014, it’s going to be awesome!

“The essence of pleasure is spontaneity.”  ~Germaine Greer

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *