Like R-O-C-K in the U-S-A rocked.
As a reminder, here were my guidelines and goals that I set back on April 1st.
- Tracking every single calorie in My Fitness Pal (check!)
- Drinking 100 ounces of water a day (check! – even squeezed in a gallon one day/week)
- No white bread (check! Actually, I forgot that I made this just no white bread and stayed away from white flour all together!)
- No ice cream (check! – hardest one by far)
- No restaurants (with the exception of the 8th – 11th. We’re currently on a 25 day challenge right now and were planning on coming off after the 8th, but I’m just going to lift it for me for a few days and then go right back to it). (Almost made it – just one extra restaurant)
- A goal – 175 pounds (23 pound loss)
B goal – 185 pounds (13 pound loss)(Ya know? I’m gonna just go ahead and call this a check because I got down to 187 and because it’s my challenge and I can). C goal – screw the scale but I still look good in the outfit(check! The outfit fits perfectly and I even bought a few new (and smaller) outfits).
Completely glossed over this one.
Day 27 Activity:
- Pump and Shred (45 min)
Total burned – (345 calories)
Day 27 Food:
- Breakfast – Banana Chaiburg (250 cals) – I can stop anytime I want!!! I DO NOT have a drinking problem.
- AM snack – nothing
- Lunch – Shakeo (195 cals)
- PM snack – Nothing
- Dinner – Ham and cheese sandwich, popcorn, cheese & grapes, fruit cocktail (613 cals)
- Dessert – nothing
Total – 1,058 calories (couldn’t be helped, just wasn’t all that hungry)
Tuesday was the best day of the whole month. By far.
Cliff ran his very first mile. Ever. In his entire life.
That memory will be with me until I no longer have memories. Sharing that moment with him (regardless of his lack of enthusiasm 😉 )was probably the proudest moment of my entire life.
Since I’ve known Cliff he has managed to overcome things that some people would have trouble even imagining. As soon as I met him I knew he was something special, but I had no idea just how special until the last five years. He went back to college (on his own dime) and earned his Bachelor’s degree, but that wasn’t enough.
So, he went back and earned his Master’s degree.
Five years ago he stopped drinking soda to lose some weight.
Now, he’s lost 330 pounds and is still going. On his own. With diet and exercise only.
He built a prestigious career in the same amount of time going from tech support to a Database Administrator for The Kentucky Center for the Performing Arts (and I’m sure he won’t stop there).
I’ve watched this man, who I’ve been lucky enough to call my best friend for the past 14 years, turn into such a remarkable person. There is absolutely nothing that he can’t do.
I know that we’ll only share a few miles together on the pavement before he is much faster and stronger than me, but I will cherish each and every one of them.
Congratulations, my love. Meeting you was the best thing that ever happened to me.
Day 28 Activity:
- Run w/ Cliff – 3 miles
- Barre class w/ Whitney (it was Derby hat day! Isn’t our instructor adorable!?)
Total burned – 704 calories
Day 28 Food:
- Breakfast – Guess. (250 cals)
- AM snack – Nothing
- Lunch – Progresso Chicken w/ Rice, wheat crackers (120 cals)
- PM snack – Nothing
- Dinner – Homemade pizza with BakeSense rolls (545 cals)
- Dessert – Rainbow Sherbert (100 cals)
Total –1,195 calories
Wednesday was also a very important day. I learned an extremely important lesson.
So important, in fact, that I think it deserves its own blog post, so be sure to check back for that.
However, I will go ahead and share my final weigh-in for the month. Considering the timing I’m not really counting it as my final because it isn’t accurate. After weighing in for nearly two years, every week, and tracking it – I’m pretty familiar with trends. I won’t see the real loss from the last part of this month sometime between May 6th – 9th.
But, with that being said, I’m still happy with an almost 10 pound loss for the month.
Especially a month that consisted of family visits, road trips, and a gigantic fair-like excursion.
Wednesday was also my weekly run with Lauren and it was exactly what I needed, exactly when I needed it. That girl gets me. And I REALLY needed someone who got me, get me?
Thanks Lauren. You are a terrific person.
Day 29 Activity:
- Run w/ Lauren (2 miles)
- Pump and Burn (30 minutes)
- Yoga (30 minutes) – hurray for unplanned triples!
Total burned – 619 calories
Day 29 Food:
- Breakfast – Shakeo (195 cals) – SEE! I told you I could stop! Fine, fine, fine. They were out of bananas.
- AM snack – Wheat cinnamon bread w/ natural peanutbutter (255 cals)
- Lunch – Chicken chowder w/ wheat saltines (360 cals)
- PM snack – nothing
- Dinner – Taco salad w/ veggie chili from McAlister’s (490 cals)
- Dessert – Sweet Savannah’s Frozen Yogurt (360 cals)
Total – 1,660 calories
We picked up Cliff’s running shoes on Thursday!
(And just an FYI – that dude ran 4 miles on Saturday. Insanity).
Other than that, it was pretty uneventful.
Except for the fact that it was the first day, all month, that I went over my calories. I felt slightly bad about it, but only for a split second.
Overall, I’m really pleased with how the challenge went. I’m not too thrilled about the timing of when it ended, but as far as my performace is concerned, I’m stoked. I think I’ll take it a little easy in May and then ramp it back up until the race in October. Training starts June 29th and I’m so excited! Cliff and I are also considering starting a ONE HUNDRED DAY no restaurant challenge after his birthday (May 24th). I think that would be so amazing to accomplish – and also really effing hard. Ideally, the challenge would run from June 1st (I LOVE starting challenges on Mondays and “1sts” and June has both) to September 9th, right about the time my long runs really get going.
Day 30 Activity:
- Hard Core Abs (15 minutes)
Total burned – 115 calories
Day 30 Food:
- Breakfast – Almond milk mocha (220 cals)
- AM snack – nothing
- Lunch – Chopped Chef Salad from The Chop Shop (~586 cals)
- PM snack – new protein shake (Gold Standard 100% Whey Extreme Chocolate) mixed with PB2 and skim milk and some popcorn (344 cals)
- Dinner – Ham sandwich on wheat with minestrone (345 cals)
- Dessert – Orange sherbert cup and more popcorn (I’ve been super snacky lately)(191cals)
Total – 1,686 calories